Prague, our sister UNESCO City of Literature, are launching their 2019 Writers Residency and want to hear from Irish writers!
Prague City of Literature offers residency stays for foreign writers and translators. There are six residencies available for 2019, each lasting two months. Prague City of Literature reimburses the resident for a return ticket, provides accommodation for free and a stipend of 600 euro per month.
All the information is on their website: www.prahamestoliteratury.cz/en including the application form.
• Cultural interest in the location
• Basic knowledge of English language
• At least one published literary work (not a private edition) or two broadcast or published radio dramas or one carried out or published theatre play or at least one translated work of a Czech author
• Willingness to participate in the local literary life (author readings, meeting students, talks, activities arranged by the receiving institution or connected to the cultural events of the city)
• Work on writing during the stay
• Authors who have already received the scholarship can’t apply again
• The Resident undertakes that, in the course of the residency stay or no later than within 2 months from its termination, he/she will provide the Municipal Library in Prague with the text inspired by the stay that the Municipal Library in Prague, through the project “Prague City of Literature“, will be authorized to use to promote Prague’s residencies. The Municipal Library in Prague will enter into a licence agreement with the Resident
for the purpose of using the text in electronic as well as printed version.
Deadline for receipt of applications is Friday, August 31, 2018, 12 am CET